Cub Scouts gives parents and their children an opportunity to make memories together, while helping kids develop skills and character traits that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Cub Scout Pack 62 in Sudbury, Massachusetts, is part of the Mayflower Council, which is part of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). Pack 62 is comprised of boys and girls residing in Sudbury entering grades K-5.
Upcoming Pack Events
- Saturday, Sept 24, 9-10:30ish. Hike at Garfield Woods/Forty Caves in Berlin.
- Sat-Sun, Oct 1-2, overnight campout at Nobscot - RSVP here
- More dates to be added - usually 2 Mondays each month for Pack/Den meetings + an additional monthly Pack activity (see Calendar)
- Here is some information about our Pack: Parent Info
2022-2023 Registration Information:
- Returning scouts, complete this survey
- New scouts, register online at BeAScout.org (search for 01776, Pack 62)
- Registration is not required prior to attending one of our September Pack meetings - please join us even if you haven't registered yet!
- Dues information here
Newsletter - Sept 21:
1. Next regular Pack meeting - Monday Oct 10, 6:30-7:30pm, St E's. Topic TBD
2. Hiking on Saturday Sept 24, 9-10:30ish at Garfield Woods/Forty Caves. Trailhead address: 143 Lancaster Rd, Berlin, MA (about 30 min drive).
- Easy walk/hike with fun rocks to climb and explore.
- Roadside parking. Meet at the trailhead and we will head in together.
- Bring a water bottle and snack.
3. Campout on Saturday-Sunday Oct 1-2 at Nobscot Reservation (1 Nobscot Rd), Haydenland sites (map attached)
- RSVP here: https://forms.gle/s1HF68QN2P86K1b48
- Agenda, packing list, and additional info will come next week.
- We will probably start Saturday afternoon, with an optional hike, and we will conduct our Bobcat ceremony for new scouts.
- We'll have a campfire dinner, s'mores, and skits.
- Staying overnight is optional - if you do stay, you will need a tent and sleeping bags. If you need either of these, let me know and we can try to identify some loaners.
- Sunday morning, light breakfast and pack up (usually out by 9am).
4. Parent Meeting - Mandatory for Den Leaders, and open to all parents looking to get more involved - next week, online.
- Please indicate availability here: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/el5P1o5a
- Agenda to include Calendar and event planning
Pack 62 marching in the Sudbury July 4th Parade